Thanksgiving Day Parade in Detroit is one of the best events where most of the people come and enjoy the festival. Annual America’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is watched by thousands of people and this year it is going to be even better. Dennis Archer, the second-place winner of America’s Got Talent, former Detroit mayor and Michigan Supreme Court Judge will be the grand marshals in the 93rd annual parade.
Congrats to Detroit 5th grader Malaya Johnson, student at the Bates Academy, and the winner of the 28th Annual @skillmanfound Float Design Contest! Her float “You Have A Choice” will be in America’s Thanksgiving Parade presented by Art Van! #DetroitParade pic.twitter.com/Jiy5eM34uJ
— The Parade Company (@ParadeCo) November 25, 2019
Look out, #Detroit! We're launching a BRAND-NEW float in Detroit's Thanksgiving Day parade! 🦃
Thanks to the work of our team members, it's going to look incredible. 🤩 👏 🎉 pic.twitter.com/MkPzonLYek
— Rocket Careers (@RocketCareers) November 18, 2019
There is also a Detroit Lions NFL game on that day and it would make it difficult for the common public due to road closure and transportation affected. Here is what you should know about the schedule, closed roads and how to reach at the venue for America’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Detroit 2019.
America’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Detroit 2019 Schedule
America’s Thanksgiving Day Parade 2019 in Detroit will pass along the following regions from 6 am in the morning until 12.30 pm in the afternoon.
- 6 am: Pre-parade coverage will begins from 760 AM WJR and WDIV-TV Local 4
- 7:30 am: Turkey Trot will start
- 8 am: Ticket holders can seat in the Grandstand
- 9:45 am: Parade will start on Woodward Avenue and Kirby Street
- 10 am: Live broadcast on WDIV-TV channel and 104.3 WOMC-FM Radio
- 12:30 pm: Detroit Lions vs Chicago Bears at the Ford Field Stadium
Road Closures and How to Reach the Venue?
Woodward Avenue from West Grand Boulevard, Warren and Jefferson avenues will stay close for the most part of America’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Detroit 2019. Here are the streets to have limited access on Wednesday afternoon.
- Amsterdam/Piquette: Cass to John R
- Harper: Cass to John R
- Palmer: Cass to John R
- Ferry: Cass to John R
- Farnsworth/Putnam: Cass to John R
Here is the list of streets that will be closed on Thanksgiving Thursday at 5 am in the morning and then reopen on 10 am.
- Michigan at Cass
- Fort Street: Trumbull to Woodward
- Congress: Shelby to Randolph
- Larned: Shelby to Randolph
- Shelby: Congress to Michigan
- Michigan: Cass to Woodward
- Monroe: Woodward to Randolph
- Lafayette Blvd: Trumbull to Griswold
- Washington Blvd: Adams to Congress
- Atwater: Civic Center Drive to Third
It could be a big hurdle to reach the parade venue on Thanksgiving day and our advice to readers is that they should use public transport and try carpooling. The FAST buses by SMART will be running with little modifications, the Detroit People Mover will have all station open from 6 am to 7 pm. For the drivers, the parking facility will be available on the north and south side of the parade start point.