Netflix has become a major relief in the Coronavirus lockdown as everyone is spending their time by streaming shows and movies. The streaming giant has added more than 16 million subscribers in the past few weeks and it has led to an increase in Netflix accounts getting hacked.
my netflix account is hacked. random movies are popping in continue watching that me and my pals haven't watched. we check the settings and saw that some mfs are usung it from far places. we've already changed the password but it's happening all over again!
PLEASE HELP ME.
— XIII (@mscbrknhrts) May 2, 2020
While most of us are willing to pay legally for the subscription charges, some hackers and cybercriminals are hacking Netflix account of innocent users. It is not just limited to using someone’s Netflix account to stream content, but the hackers also use it to steal credit/debit card information and bank details to rob money out of them. Here is how you can check whether your Netflix account is hacked or not and make sure it is safe and secure.
Netflix Account Hacked? Here is how to Check it Out
Most of the Netflix account hackers have become a lot active ever since there is a surge in streaming after the COVID-19 pandemic has forced everyone to stay home. If you feel that your Netflix account is hacked or someone else is using it, follow the below steps to check it and find the culprit behind it.
- Log in to your Netflix Id and open the account section.
- Check the viewing history to see if it contains only the content you have recently watched. Although, it can be deleted too and so you need to follow some extra steps in that case.
- Check the streaming settings, quality and locations from where login has been done into your account. If you see some unknown locations, it is possible that your account has been hacked.
- You have to logout from all devices by going into the settings option and it will also log out the hacker.
- Once you have logged out, change your username and password so the hacker can’t use it again, and make sure it is an unique password which has not been used before for other things.
- If you feel that the hacker is just trying to steal your bank information, don’t save credit and debit card details with your Netflix account and remove anything related to it.
How to keep Netflix Account Safe and Secure?
Netflix accounts are hacked mostly because you use the login information on third-party apps or websites. It can be used to store the username and password, which gives the hackers access to your Netflix account. You need to make sure that your Netflix account information is kept secure and not shared with everyone. If you are having a shared Netflix account, tell all your partners to not give the account info to anyone else. It is not that hard, just follow the basic safety guidelines to keep your Netflix accounts safe and secure.