Mother’s Day 2020 is almost here and it is the occasion where everyone says thanks to their mothers and appreciates them for all the love they have given. It is a special day for all the Moms around the world where everyone dedicates it to them. God made mothers because he can’t be with every child, a mother is not someone who just gave birth to you, but she is also a very important part of your upbringing.
But as the kids grow up, they get so much busy in their lives that they hardly get time for their mothers. It is why we celebrate Mother’s Day every year to show our respect and love for them. Here is more information on Mother’s Day 2020 date and schedule along with how to celebrate Mom’s Day while being stuck in the Coronavirus lockdown.
When is Mother’s Day 2020 and Why is it Celebrated?
Mother’s Day 2020 or Mom’s Day 2020 will be celebrated on Sunday, May 10 this year. Everyone says Happy Mother’s Day to their moms and celebrate the occasion on the second Sunday of May each year. There are many reasons why we celebrate Mother’s Day and one of them is linked with Mother Church on Christian Mothering Sunday.
There was a woman named Anna Jarvis whose mother passed away in 1905 and she had a strong wish to make it a holiday. Jarvis started the movement to establish it as a holiday in the United States, but the government kept declining her. But Anna never stopped her efforts and finally, in 1941, Woodrow Wilson signed the proclamation and the second Sunday of May was made a national holiday by the government and everyone started calling it Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day 2020 Ideas in COVID-19 Lockdown
Even though you are stuck in lockdown due to the COVID-19 outbreak, here are some of the best ideas for Mother’s Day 2020 to make sure your mother has a nice time and appreciates your efforts.
- Prepare a “Happy Mother’s Day” greeting card from whatever materials you have available at home.
- Make sure to cook her favorite meal and don’t let your mother work a single chore in the house.
- Try to make a small gift with home materials on Mother’s Day 2020 to appreciate her efforts in your life.
- For those who are stuck in Coronavirus quarantine away from your mother, you can video call her and wish them on Mother’s Day.
- You can also send them Mother’s Day quotes on Whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram or even a video with the message.