The PlayStation VR 2 or simply PSVR 2 is one of the most anticipated virtual reality gaming headsets than fans are eagerly looking forward to. Sony changed the entire concept of gaming consoles with the first PSVR headset where gamers got one step closer to being in the actual game and not just smashing buttons on the controller.
The PSVR 2 could be launched alongside the Sony PlayStation 5 which will come out in holidays 2020 or it might be scheduled for a later release. Here is everything you need to know about the Sony PSVR 2 release date, specs, features, price, PS5 compatibility, and more updates on the VR gaming headset.
PlayStation VR 2 (PSVR 2) Specs and Features
Sony patents for the PSVR 2 were surfaced online during last February and it shows the gaming giant making the following upgrades and features on the VR gaming headset.
- Removing the orb from PlayStation Move controllers
- PSVR 2 will feature analog sticks and triggers
- PSVR 2 features will include haptic feedback
- The new PSVR 2 can detect which hand is holding the stick controllers
- PSVR 2 will increase the field of vision from 100 to 12o degrees
- HDR will be a vital component in the PlayStation VR 2
- PSVR 2 will have eye-tracking sensors for better performance
- PSVR 2 will be wireless and can stream from the console to the headset
PSVR 2 specs rumors were out in July 2019 and here are more details on them
- PSVR 2 will be fully wireless
- It will have 5 hours of battery life
- 2,560×1,440 resolution display
- 220-degree field of view
Will the PSVR 2 Release along with Sony PS5?
Sony PSVR 2 release date is still not announced and many of the fans are thinking that the VR headset will be out with the upcoming PS5 console. However, it is not true as Sony Global Head of R&D for PlayStation Dominic Mallinson gave an update on the virtual reality headset.
There’s no reason for us to coincide it [a new headset] with a new console. From the point of view of the consumer, to be bombarded with many many things — oh, you have to buy this, you have to buy that — is a message that we don’t want to send. In some ways, it’s good to have a little breathing space between those things.
Fans can expect PSVR 2 release date to be set around 2021 at the earliest and it will give enough time for gamers to settle down on PS5. It has also been reported that Sony PSVR 2 can cost around $250 including all the combined accessories.