If you are a fan of the horror genre “Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark” is the one for you. The movie is all set to be released in the year 2019. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark directed by André Øvredalv is based on a 2011 series of novels by Alvin Schwartz.
Do you remember #ScaryStories?
This summer, face your fears and read the classic books before you watch @ScaryStoriesMov in theaters on August 9th! 😱📽️🍿
— HarperKids (@HarperChildrens) July 9, 2019
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark- Plot
The movie is set in America in the year of 1968. The sixties have clearly been the favorite timeline for the horror genre. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark focuses on the Bellows fam in the small town of Mill Valley.
You will soon witness a mansion that will introduce you to a girl named Sarah. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark will share with you some horrible secrets of the small-town girl. You will get to know about the journey of the transformation of the sweet innocent girl to a girl who has faced terrifying monsters.
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark consists of a book that belongs to Sarah Bellwood which is evidently an evil object.
You don’t read the book, the book reads you. The official trailer for Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark is here, from the dark minds of Academy Award winner Guillermo del Toro (@realgdt) & acclaimed director André Øvredal (@filmtroll). In theaters August 9. #ScaryStoriesMovie pic.twitter.com/GHw105Q2Cc
— Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (@ScaryStoriesMov) June 3, 2019
The trailer of the movie says you don’t read the book, the book reads you.
Movie’s Official website
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark has an official website and words cannot do justice to the way the movie is introduced. No, this is not just exaggeration because the perfect blend of scary music coupled with high definition visuals is iconic.
At first, it will be a success in its aim to scare you but soon you will be in its trap. A trap where you will end up finding yourself re-watching the entire thing again and again. If just the trailer has this immense power to hook you, the movie without a doubt should be phenomenal.
Furthermore, the movie is already a nominee for the Golden Trailer Awards 2019 for the Golden Trailer in the category of Best Horror film. (Trailer)
Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark- Cast
The cast of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark consists of particularly talented teenagers who seem genuinely scared in the trailer. The actors are,
- Zoe Colletti who is playing the role of Stella Nicholls
- Michael Garza who is playing the role of Ramón Morales
- Gabriel Rush who is playing the role of August “Auggie” Hilderbrandt
- Austin Abrams is playing the role of Tommy Milner
- Dean Norris who is playing the role of Deputy Roy Nicholls
- Gil Bellows who is playing the role of Police Chief Turner
- Lorraine Toussaint who is playing the role of Lou Lou
- Austin Zajur who is playing the role of Chuck Steinberg
- Natalie Ganzhorn who is playing the role of Ruth Steinberg
- Marie Ward who is playing the role of Mrs. Hilderbrandt
- The roles of Mark Steger and Troy James are still a mystery.
— Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (@ScaryStoriesMov) July 16, 2019
The Monsters play an absolutely major role in making the story come alive on the screens. Javier Botet is going to play the role of The Toe Monster.
Besides, Toe Monster, the other monsters include Jangly Man, The Pale Lady, And Harold the Scarecrow. The actors who are playing these iconic roles are not yet announced.
In addition to them, the other cast members of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark include members of the Bellows Fam which include,
- Kathleen Pollard will play the part of Sarah Bellows
- Will Carr will play the part of Doctor Ephraim Bellows
- Elias Edraki has contributed her voice for the ghost of Doctor Ephraim Bellows
- Jane Moffat will play the part of Delanie Bellows
- Amanda Smith who will be seen as Gertrude Bellows
- Brandon Knox will play the part of Harold Bellows
— Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (@ScaryStoriesMov) July 17, 2019
The movie directed by André Øvredal has a uniquely enormous cast. However, it has an enormously big crew as well who has unquestionably worked hard in the film’s production which includes:
- The Producers: Guillermo del Toro, Sean Daniel, Jason F. Brown, J. Miles Dale, and Elizabeth Grave
- The Screenplay Writers: Dan Hageman, K Hageman, along with J August
- The Story writers: Guillermo Toro, Patrick Melton, and Marcus Dunstan
- The Music contributors: Marco Beltrami along with Anna Drubich
- The Cinematographer: Roman Osin
- The Editor: Patrick Larsgaard
- The Production companies: CBS Films, Entertainment One, 1212 Entertainment, Double Dare You Productions as well as Sean Daniel Company
- The Distributor: Lionsgate
Trailer and Release
As revealed by the official website, the running time of the movie is 111 minutes. The first teaser of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark made a premiere at the Super Bowl LIII. The official trailer was released on the 28th of March, 2019. Likewise, the second trailer was released on the 3rd of June, 2019.
The awaited movie will be released on the 9th of August by Lionsgate in collaboration with CBS Films. These stories have scared for generations, now they are coming on the big screen. So, are you ready for all the Goosebumps?
Stay updated via BlockToro