Jon Jones is not a having a great time outside the octagon over charges he was “unaware” of. Mexico news station reports that the UFC light heavyweight champion, Jon Jones is now charged with battery for a strip club incident in April.
Jon Jones unaware of “false allegations”
Jon Jones’ agent denied allegations going on to say they were unaware of the charges until this point. His representative James Hallinan though says they reacted instantly upon KRQE’s news and co-operated with proceedings.
“Today, the media told Mr Jones about a false accusation launched against him and that paperwork had been sent to an incorrect address.
However, after receiving the documents from the press, Mr Jones immediately went to pay the small fee, and he, and multiple witnesses, stand ready to factually refute the malicious lies being told about him to the public.”
A warrant was out against Jon Jones at the time of his fight on UFC 239 with Thiago Santos. He went on to defend his title by split decision.
The strip club incident unveiled
The incident happened TD’s Eubank Showclub this April as per allegations. Albuquerque Police reports that a cocktail waitress at the club pressed charges against Jon Jones of sexually offending her. Jones allegedly forcefully kissed her and put her on a choke when she tried to resist.
He kept touching her inappropriately until he left. Police, as a result, pressed battery charges against him.
I don’t understand why Jon Jones has to go to strip clubs. If he wants to see huge tits he should just fight Daniel Cormier again.
— MMA Roasted (@MMARoasted) July 22, 2019
Jon Jones though was unaware of the charges and didn’t show up on a court hearing in June. Jones’ representative went cleared to KRQE that they will dispute the false allegations.
As soon as they came to know about the warrant, they paid the $300 requisite bond to lift the warrant. Further updates will give a clearer picture of the credibility of the accusation.
Follow BlockToro for further updates.